Amazing Wikis:Terms Of Service
WELCOME TO AMAZING WIKIS! BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ON OUR WIKIS (WHETHER IT BE START A NEW WIKI OR EDIT A CURRENT WIKI) YOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
PLEASE READ THESE Terms of Service CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE OR USING ANY PART OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES (AS EACH IS DEFINED BELOW) ON THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BECOME BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS OF SERVICE, THEN YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE SITE OR USE THE CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES IN THE SITE.
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO CHILDREN (PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18) UNLESS YOU PROVIDE US WITH EXPRESS CONSENT FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. BY BECOMING A USER, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- 1 Modifications of Terms of Service
- 2 Private Website Disclaimer
- 3 Warranty Disclaimers
- 4 Limitation of Liability and Release
- 5 Content Disclaimer of Liability
- 6 Protection of Intellectual Property
- 7 Customization
- 8 Server Hosted Source Code
- 9 Prohibited Content
- 10 Services
- 11 Links
- 12 External Community Pages
- 13 Server Access
- 14 Database Locks
- 15 Network Attacks - DDOS/Flooding
- 16 501(c) Disclosure
- 17 Licenses
- 18 Copyright & Trademark Complaints
- 19 Leaks and Unauthorized Confidential Information
- 20 Plagiarism
- 21 Web Scraping
- 22 Shutdown Attempt
- 23 DMCA
- 24 False Data Protection or Privacy claims
- 25 Account Registration
- 26 Termination
- 27 User Conduct
- 28 Indemnity
- 29 Agreements
- 31 General
- 32 Formal Definitions of Terms:
Modifications of Terms of Service
Amazing Wikis reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Terms of Service at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Service, Amazing Wikis will notify you by posting an announcement on the Site. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at Amazing Wikis's sole discretion, in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgment. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Use of the Services by you following such notification constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of Service as modified.
Private Website Disclaimer
This Site is a private website that serves as entertainment and enjoyment. Anyone or any wiki community that severely violates global policies will be banished, returning will be considered a cyber trespass violation possibly subject to prosecution in the United States. This is not a dating website nor will staff tolerate attempted usage of the Site for such purposes. Staff will not permit any hosted wiki created to be used as a personal file storage backup.
You acknowledge that Amazing Wikis has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site or use the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Amazing Wikis from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site or the Services. The Site or Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Amazing Wikis makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site or Services, and Amazing Wikis will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Services.
THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(I) THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (II) THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (III) THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (IV) THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVER THROUGH WHICH YOU ACCESS THE SITE OR SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, TABLETS OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM Amazing Wikis OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OR SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability and Release
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AMAZING WIKIS OR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENCORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Amazing Wikis HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES; (II) ACTS OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT THAT IS SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY) OR ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER; (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE OR SERVICE; (IV) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR DATA OR TRANSMISSIONS; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
Content Disclaimer of Liability
Amazing Wikis is a hosting provider and takes no responsibility for the content uploaded by third parties. Amazing Wikis wikis are provided "as is". This is a platform and not a publisher, staff is not responsible for the created content hosted however illegal content will be removed upon staff being notified. Amazing Wikis has no responsibility for lack of availability of any wiki or of any particular content. You understand that Amazing Wikis does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. You should be aware that the wikis are editable by the public, and, as such, may contain inappropriate content at any time. Any use you make of content hosted by Amazing Wikis must be in line with the terms of that wiki's license.
Any content you upload or post to any Amazing Wikis wiki must be compatible with the relevant license, not violate another person's intellectual property or infringe on any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights. No content shall be added which violates any applicable law, including local, state, national, and international laws. You understand that Amazing Wikis does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, under no circumstances will Amazing Wikis be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You agree that you will not make any changes to Amazing Wikis that is in breach of the Amazing_Wikis:Content Policy and will make efforts to remove or report any content which may be in breach of such conditions as described in the policy.
You acknowledge that Amazing Wikis does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that Amazing Wikis shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or remove any Content that is available via the Service for violating the Terms of Service.
Permitted use You are not permitted to use this Site other than for the following private non-commercial purposes:
- (i) viewing this Site;
- (ii) creating an account to edit or upload files;
- (iii) view publicly available logs; and
- (iv) transferring to other websites through links provided on this Site.
Protection of Intellectual Property
The Site and Services contain content and technology of Amazing Wikis that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Amazing Wikis owns intellectual property rights to any protectable part of the Site and Services, including but not limited to the design, artwork, logos, functionality, and documentation (collectively, the "Property"). You may not copy, modify, or reverse engineer any part of the Site and Services or the Property.
In order to operate the Site and Services, Amazing Wikis needs to make certain use of your publicly posted content. Therefore, by posting, uploading or submitting to Amazing Wikis, or making available for inclusion in publicly accessible areas of Amazing Wikis, any text, images, photos, graphics, audio or video, including any content protected by intellectual property rights to your content, you represent that you have full authorization to do so. You also hereby grant Amazing Wikis a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display and make derivative works to the content in connection with the Site and Services and any services or products affiliated with the Site and Services, regardless of the form of media used or of whether such services or products now exist or are developed in the future. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such content on the Site and will terminate at the time such content is removed from the Site and Services by you or by Amazing Wikis.
Amazing Wikis reserves the right to remove any content from the Site, at its sole discretion. You will not create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on any wiki hosted by Amazing Wikis.
We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of Amazing Wikis or our licensors.
No independent wiki or wiki hosted by another wikifarm is authorized and is strictly forbidden from reuse, recreation, reverse engineer, duplication, or to mirror any content (including intellectual property of Amazing Wikis) created by a new or migrated (aka forks) wiki hosted by Amazing Wikis regardless of the copyright policy or license. “Fork” shall mean moving a wiki and its community away from a wiki hosting platform.
Any custom skins, custom extensions, or unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality designed, created, or the requested creation by a wiki community or group of wiki communities for specific wiki usage or that is created for general wikifarm usage falls under the ownership of their creators and its copyright will be defended by Amazing Wikis staff on the behalf of its creators.
For the avoidance of doubt, you agree not to: copy concepts or implementations of ideas, skins, extensions, or unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality. You also agree not to copy or implement any new ideas (including concepts), skins, extensions, and unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality are intellectual property of Amazing Wikis and are not to be replicated at any other website. And you agree not to copy unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality that allows for immediate recognition by the general public, nor a unique feature with distinctive feature or functionality that provides noticeable benefit to the general public.
Any independent wiki project that is granted an "authorized source code use" license (aka permission) to use a custom skin/extension/unique feature with distinctive identifying feature or functionality created under the protected copyright umbrella of Amazing Wikis is to limit their usage to only that specific project. It is unauthorized to provide source code or documented details to any external third party without the expressed written permission of Amazing Wikis staff - creators will be prompted by Amazing Wikis staff to provide permission. If the creators or Amazing Wikis staff are unable to be reached and you wish to modify due to problems or enhancement requests, then you shall immediately halt usage of the licensed software. Unless permission to modify without consultation of the creators was explicitly provided, you may not release source code to any willing party who offers assistance. If the software in question was open sourced, you are free to modify it under knowledge that no assistance may be provided if creators are unreachable. Modifications to open sourced software and or patches will be accepted at the author's discretion.
Independent wikis with an honorable reputation and history of work should have little difficulty to gain the privilege of an "authorized use" license. If your wiki decides to surrender to corporate wikifarm, you are required to immediately inform Amazing Wikis staff and remove all copies of exclusive software in a verifiable manner.
As part of our services, you may request that Amazing Wikis install additional extensions, skins, or bots to the Mediawiki software or server as relevant to alter your Wiki's functionality. Amazing Wikis will review the extensions, skins, bots to ensure that they are appropriate for our overall security and will function within our technical limits. Amazing Wikis is not responsible for any data loss occurring as the result of extensions or software customization requested by users, and you agree not to hold Amazing Wikis or its agents liable for any damages resulting in the use of these extensions. All custom extensions, skins, bots are subject to our code review policy.
Server Hosted Source Code
Creators of any bots, unique feature features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality, custom extension, or custom skin who authorize the active deployment of such source code on Amazing Wikis servers for specific local wiki usage or wikifarm wide usage hereby grant Amazing Wikis permission to backup a copy of the source code in private GitHub repositories. The creator also approves a source code use license to Amazing Wikis to host their source code on the server. Server hosted source code is subject to code review, reviewers are not to retain a copy for private usage.
The backup source code will be used in the case of server crash that may result in loss of files. Backup source code will not be released to third parties unless the creator has open sourced it or creator has provided explicit written permission to independent wiki projects to request usage of the source code. Creators will be notified for each requested usage and for them to decline the request.
Prohibited Content shall mean:
- copyright or trademark violations (including free viewing links and pirated material)
- Unauthorized leaks or confidential material
- Violent content - Highly disturbing, immoral or unethical content
- Pornography - adult or mature content (including shock, gore)
- Hate speech: content that advocates harm against an individual or group
- Explicitly ban regarding the promotion of or content/material relating to Nazis, Satan/Satanic Rituals, Human Sacrifice, Witchcraft
- Promotion of any Dark Net activities including instructional guides
- Excessive profanity
- Political or Religious content
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Solicit personal information
- Content that promotes, sells or advertises products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
- Sales of beer or spirits
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or distribution of school coursework, tests/exams, or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Sites that exist for the sole purpose of testing out a particular feature or function of the wiki software.
Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
Amazing Wikis hosts Amazing Wikis and other wiki projects. Amazing Wikis gives free wiki hosting (partly compensated by optional donations) for Internet groups to edit and use. Amazing Wikis's content is available to anyone on the Internet for both entertainment and information.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Amazing Wikis has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Amazing Wikis is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Amazing Wikis shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
External Community Pages
Any hosted wiki that uses external websites to further promote their community are subject to these terms; any fan page your community creates is still under the jurisdiction of Amazing Wikis in addition to the external websites' terms and conditions. Staff have the right to claim copyright infringement if a hosted wiki's local authority goes rogue and to reclaim the pages back under the control of our agents. Agents of staff will then relinquish control of the fan pages back to the community after removing rogue administrators or moderators. Note “fan Page” shall include social media (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), Google Services (such as Gmail or YouTube), IRC, Reddit, Twitch, Tumblr, Slack or Discord servers, free or paid email service providers.
Very rarely will others be granted server access unless webmaster trusts the person. Obviously don't break or crash any wiki. Let webmaster know immediately if something bad happens rather than wait.
The database will be locked when the webmaster upgrades the software running the wikifarm. Upon the latest software release marked stable, the webmaster will initiate the upgrade. Appropriate backups will be created prior to any upgrade being initiated to prevent down time. A wikifarm-wide notice will be released thirty (30) minutes prior to the database lock to prevent loss of contributions (edits, deletion, file uploads, wiki design). After completion of software update, the database will be unlocked. All systems will be checked, if something breaks then the upgrade will be rolled back. Any serious issues will be reported to be fixed before another attempt to update.
Network Attacks - DDOS/Flooding
Rarely will a database or other lockdown protection be required but if a wiki or the wikifarm comes under Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) or flooding attacks, Amazing Wikis staff will consider a local database lock or a wikifarm wide lockdown to stop the damage. Amazing Wikis staff actively keep DDOS and flooding countermeasures running to prevent this down time from happening.
This Site is a non-profit organization that does not host political speech/content or religious speech/content.
Any newly established wiki hosted by Amazing Wikis that does not have a clear copyright or license stated is assumed to be using Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All migrated wikis are required to keep their existing license.
Copyright & Trademark Complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Amazing Wikis Site or service any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. When we receive proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described in our Copyright Policy, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers as described herein in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our customer service department. Please see our Copyright Policy for more information on how to report infringement of your copyright.
Do not submit any pirated material, leaked information, unauthorized information, confidential information, or early released embargoed information to any wiki hosted by Amazing Wikis; any submitted will be subject to swift removal by Amazing Wikis staff. Amazing Wikis staff asks that everyone be patient for the official release to avoid formal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) claims against the wikifarm.
The unlawful disclosure of tools used by Amazing Wikis staff and official volunteer groups, unauthorized disclosure of important infrastructure or configurations that may lead to a successful hacking or hijacking attempt, copycat implementation of custom skins/extensions/unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality, unauthorized release of custom skins/extension source code to the public, unauthorized source code release by independent wiki under "authorized use" license of custom skins/extensions/unique features with distinctive identifying feature or functionality is detrimental to Amazing Wikis resulting in irreparable damages & harm.
If you have suspicions that part or all of the content of a hosted wiki's article/uniquely designed template/imagery/custom features is plagiarism then you must communicate such suspicions with relevant links to Amazing Wikis staff to investigate the claim. If it is clearly plagiarism, then it shall be immediately removed.
If a competing wiki is suspected or has committed plagiarism, please supply all relevant links to Amazing Wikis staff and Amazing Wikis staff will issue relevant DMCA complaints to the violating party. Do not replicate without permission or translate the content of our hosted wikis.
Do not scrape content (textual, images, or code) from our hosted wikis. Do not clone (aka plagiarize) our wikis to engage in SEO war with search engines for the purpose of knocking down the ranking of original wikis.
Do not attempt to bribe search engines to downgrade or improve Amazing Wikis hosted community's wiki ranking.
Any serious attempt to pursue legal action will lead to a wikifarm wide notice that the overall Site may be shutting down within the next few days. False or malicious legal threats will be reported to law enforcement for cyber harassment and illegal cyber trespassing charges.
All DMCA claims will be made available to Amazing Wikis hosted wiki communities upon request with proper redactions to private information and potentially to the general public.
Failure to comply (such as slow walking, retaliation for formal complaints, or blatant refusal to comply) with formal DMCA complaints submitted by agents of Amazing Wikis staff will result in relevant complaints to all Search Engines.
Misrepresentation or Falsified DMCA Complaints
Upon investigation resulting in evidence that proves a claim is false or no such evidence is submitted over a "claim", depending on severity; sanctions shall be levied in accordance proportional to the damage done. Do not submit or flood staff's inbox with error prone, confusing, or misleading claims. Such claims will be subject to deletion on sight. Ensure your claim is accurate before submitting, staff will not be correcting your claims nor do staff have such obligation. Do not waste the time of staff. Do not submit incompetent claims. Do not commit fraud with intent to solicit personal information for any purpose, including for use as retaliation, leaking, or doxing. You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) for misrepresentation or bad-faith claims on the infringement of any Content found on and/or through the Service on your copyright.
If we feel you have committed any false claims, then we will terminate your account and block you from the Site. You will also be reported to authorities for blatantly false or fraudulent claims. Do not upload violating copyright content for the sole purpose to submit a DMCA claim as a scam. Not only is this fraud and misleading, you will be reported to authorities.
Any complaints for the sole purpose to harass and solicit personal information will be deleted on-sight by Amazing Wikis staff. Those that abuse our DMCA report system shall have further visitation privileges revoked. Third party lawyer firms on behalf of their client who submit harassment complaints will be warned to retract their claims or face IP blocks & formal complaint to the appropriate authorities.
DMCA Complaint abuse
Abuse of complaints will result in banishment from this Site.
Authorization to submit DMCA
Due to the need to protect your copyright under United States laws, and to send DMCA notifications to those who make use of your publications without respecting the terms of the CC BY-NC-ND license or relevant license, when publishing your edits on any wiki hosted by Amazing Wikis; you, the editor, by registering an account have agreed to hereby authorize the staff of Amazing Wikis to act on your behalf, as an agent, in claims of copyright to third parties, for the purposes of 17 USC § (512 (c) (3) (A) (vi)). At any time, you can withdraw or revoke this authorization if you communicate it in writing to Amazing Wikis staff.
False Data Protection or Privacy claims
Do not submit falsified claims to US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), European Commission or other international agency by obtaining evidence discreetly by violating code review policy. If you submit "trap" claims by requesting webmasters to host source code that transmits data in violation of international data protection or privacy laws, you will be held accountable such that the violating source code is removed, your user account terminated, and a proper report to authorities.
You, the user, certify that upon registering for an account on this wikifarm at any of our wikis that you have not submitted nor intend to use a disposable email address. Amazing Wikis staff does not require you to provide your main email address, however we do want to ensure there is a backup contact method. You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you, without appropriate authorization. You may not use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
You are responsible for the actions that occur on your account. You are solely responsible for the security of your password and should not disclose it to friends, family or third parties. Providing your account for others may result in the termination of all accounts. Unauthorized usage of your account by others may lead to account suspension or termination. Amazing Wikis does not record your password, but Amazing Wikis staff can intervene and reset your password if you forget or account hacking occurs.
Acceptable Alternative Accounts
- Bots - repetitive maintenance purposes
- Security - in regards to public computers
- Doppelgänger - username spoofing protection is activated
- Clean Slate - user who has a negative track record decides to make a genuine honest new start and no longer wishes to be tarnished by prior conduct. User shall discontinue old account and create an unrelated new account. Old account should be noted to be inactive status. Wikifarm staff may request webmasters to simply lock the account from usage to enforce a clean slate.
- repeated switching of accounts is considered attempting to avoid scrutiny and a break of "clean slate"
- Discontinued Accounts - these are inactive or abandoned accounts that should no longer be used. Using an old account in violation of "clean slate" to edit would be considered a violation of unapproved alternative accounts and subject to sanctions or a local wiki block.
Unacceptable Alternative Accounts
- "Good hand, bad hand"
- Ban Evasion
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of interest shall be defined as someone who is an employee or a volunteer of a recognized official group or paid member of a recognized official group from a competing wikifarm (Wikimedia Foundation [WMF] related wikis are exempt). Conflict of interest will invalidate account registration. For those who wish to prove they no longer have any such Conflict of Interest (regardless of actual or perceived) requires proof (such as screenshot of Slack/Discord & explanation of each server/channel shown, relevant publicly viewable wiki logs showing demotion or resignation, signed agreement showing separation, providing full disclosure if moderator/administrator/bureaucrat at any wiki hosted by the above mentioned). Violating the Conflict of Interest clause will result in instant account termination and removal of any content posted on our wikifarm. Any attempt though Conflict of Interest to interfere with operations of Amazing Wikis staff, impede Amazing Wikis staff, generate chaos or harmful protests, sabotage our hosted wiki communities, deceptively trick any hosted wiki community to leave this platform to join a platform under your control or an influencer's control, or to disguise attempts of hijacking any hosted wiki community against their will to leave this platform to join a platform under your control or an influencer's control will result in formal criminal charges being filed against you in both your individual and professional capacity for damages.
Hijacked or Hacked
Upon realizing that your account has been hacked or hijacked, immediately contact Amazing Wikis staff for account recovery attempt. The sooner you do this, the sooner that you get your account back without any blocks or it having been terminated. Terminated accounts cannot be recovered.
In the case that someone manages to register accounts without your permission or knowledge under your email address, immediately notify Amazing Wikis staff for termination of those fake accounts. This can help to prevent false positive blocks throughout the wikifarm. As long as the hacker’s IP doesn't match your usual editing IP, the hacker will be terminated with no repercussions against you.
If you find yourself blocked for unexplained reasons, immediately contact Amazing Wikis staff to resolve the issue. Provide all relevant information no matter how minor, this will help to build your case to revoke a wikifarm-wide block if made in error.
Amazing Wikis may terminate or suspend any and all Services and your user account immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach these Terms of Service. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If your account was terminated for breaching these Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using IP proxies/TOR/VPNs, or other methods to register another account and any successful account registration will be considered criminal cyber trespassing. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Services. Regardless of Amazing Wikis staff or self-requested account termination, all user rights will be removed for security reasons. All provisions of the Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Users caught involved in illegal, highly immoral, or unethical activity will be IP banned and their accounts terminated effective immediately. If local wiki authority is involved, staff will lock down the wiki and set it to private mode until the investigation is completed. If it is clear the entire wiki community was involved, then it is a guarantee the wiki will be shut down and fully deleted off our servers with no chance of recovery. You will be reported to law enforcement for further prosecution. A full summary of the investigation will be provided as an official statement from staff to the applicable wiki community.
You agree to comply with the User Conduct Policy. Everyone will be held to the same exact standard, there will not be any double standards or special treatment for friends of staff or webmasters. Staff will deliberately weed out poor users out of the wikifarm and banish them, staff will deny wiki migration requests for communities that we know will not fit into our culture. There will not be a single toxic wiki community given free hosting on this wikifarm, toxic communities will be quickly asked to leave to find alternative hosting.
Backups Database and image dumps will be made periodically on a set schedule. The most recent 3 dumps of each will be kept to conserve resources. Staff is not responsible if any content is lost due to unexpected server failure that backups are unable to restore. Authorized bot owners can request access to database dumps.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Amazing Wikis, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, customers, vendors, officers and employees from any liability, damage or cost (including reasonable attorneys, fees and cost) from (i) any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Site, use of the Services, violation of the Terms of Service by you, or the infringement by you, or any third party using your account or User ID, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Amazing Wikis regarding the use of the Site and/or the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Amazing Wikis relating to your use of the Site or the Service. The failure of Amazing Wikis to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Where a translation of these Terms of Service is inconsistent with the English language version, the English language version shall prevail.
Amazing Wikis may assign these Terms of Service or any other agreement with you in whole or part at any time. These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and Amazing Wikis shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Amazing Wikis agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of MI, US. Any failure of Amazing Wikis to enforce or exercise a right provided in these Terms of Service is not a waiver of that right. Should any provision of these Terms of Service be found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still apply. You and Amazing Wikis both agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to these Terms of Service must be led within ONE (1) YEAR after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Formal Definitions of Terms:
- Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
- Agenda: a list of items to be discussed at a formal meeting.
- Attention Seeking: behaving in a way that is likely to elicit attention, usually to hearten oneself by being in the limelight
- Bill of Attainder: declaring a group of people guilty of a crime, and punishing them for it, usually without a trial
- Blowback: the unintended adverse results of a political action or situation.
- Backlash: a strong and adverse reaction by a large number of people.
- Baiting: Deliberately annoy or taunt.
- Bias: cause to feel or show inclination or prejudice for or against someone or something.
- Collateral Damage: unintended damage or consequences due to actions
- Correspondent: Someone who reports approved local wiki requests to staff
- Component: a piece of the overall graphic, skin, extension, or unique feature with distinctive identifying feature or functionality.
- Cover up: an attempt to prevent people's discovering the truth about a serious mistake or crime.
- Conflict of Interest: a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.
- Coup: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power.
- Censorship/Suppressing Speech: control or suppression of what can be accessed, published, or viewed on the Internet enacted by regulators, or on their own initiative. Additionally this includes block, ban, remove, deplatform, demonetize, de-boost, restrict, deny equal access or visibility to, or otherwise discriminate against expression.
- Conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
- Doublespeak: deliberately euphemistic, ambiguous, or obscure language.
- Disinformation: information that is intended to mislead
- Defamatory statement: is a false statement of fact that exposes a person to hatred, ridicule, or contempt, causes him to be shunned, or injures him in his business or trade
- Deceive/Mislead: cause (someone) to have a wrong idea or impression about someone or something.
- Defamation: the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel
- Delusion: an individual belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
- Double Standard: a rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups.
- Due Process Investigation: unbiased neutral process to consider all complaints by local wiki authority, supporting evidence, contradicting evidence, target user's productiveness and behavior within local wiki community & overall network, any past legitimate local wiki blocks. This process shall be used in formal investigations where a report will be released upon concluding decision.
- Disruptive Acts: spam, vandalize, frustrate the community, non compliance, acting in bad faith.
- Damage Control: measures taken to offset or minimize damage to reputation, credibility, or public image caused by a controversial act, remark, or revelation
- Dismissive behavior: ignoring, irritation or dislike of opposing views
- Delusional: characterized by or holding particular beliefs that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.
- Definition Creep: slowly expanding the definition to render useless
- Elicit: evoke or draw out from someone in reaction to one's own actions or questions.
- Echo Chamber: an insular communication space where everyone agrees with the information and no outside input is allowed. Includes repeating talking points by others.
- False Statement: knowingly and willfully falsifies, conceals or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact, or makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representation
- Freedom of Speech: The freedom to an opinion and the right to express it in a non-violent and non-threatening manner.
- Flaming: To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties.
- False: not according with truth or fact according to supporting legitimate evidence
- Gas lighting: manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.
- Grandstanding: seek to attract applause or favorable attention from spectators or the media.
- Gross Breach of Trust: loss of confidence in local wiki authority.
- Guilty by association: refers to the attribution of guilt without any proof on individuals solely for the reason that those whom they associate with are guilty
- Gullible: easily persuaded to believe something
- Hoax: a humorous or malicious deception.
- Harassment: aggressive pressure or intimidation.
- Host: a website on a server so that it can be accessed over the Internet.
- Hate Speech: speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Mere disagreement of opinions is not considered hate speech.
- Hate Crime: prejudice-motivated crime which occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her membership in a certain social group or race. Mere disagreement of opinions is not considered hate speech.
- Hysteria: exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people.
- Internet Character Assassination: attempt to tarnish a person's reputation.
- Ignorance: lack of knowledge or information.
- Intimidation: compel or deter by use of threats.
- Inflammatory: arousing or intended to arouse angry or violent feelings.
- Jurisdiction: the official power to make legal decisions and judgments.
- Kangaroo Court: an unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanor.
- Local Wiki Authority: any user that was elected by a hosted wiki community's consent
- Loyalist: a person who remains loyal to an established entity and defends such entity from criticism.
- Legitimate Block: a local block backed by supporting evidence or caught red handed. blocking for informing of plagiarism is however unacceptable behavior - considered abuse of authority & is clear conflict of interest. a local block should not be overly harsh when it is a factor during formal investigations, however if the target user has been given numerous or exceeding warnings/chances to comply yet balks then the harshness can be deemed appropriate.
- Limelight: the focus of public attention.
- Misinformation: information that is deliberately intended to deceive
- Narrative: report of connected events, real or imaginary.
- Name calling: abusive language or insults.
- Oppression: prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control, subject to mental pressure or distress
- Obstructing an Investigation: a thing that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage. This includes refusal to provide testimony to staff when requested and will result in sanctions.
- Personal Attacks: Making of an abusive remark on or relating to somebody's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.
- Political Correctness: the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.
- Proxy Abuse: creation of sockpuppet accounts using a proxy server to avoid direct connection to their main account for the purpose of ballot stuffing or further disruptive actions.
- Proxy Server: concealing your IP address by bouncing it off one or more internet relay nodes (includes satellites, use of the dark net - Tor).
- Rogue: a dishonest or sneaky person.
- Rage-quit: to quit a discussion or community out of frustration.
- Raid: a surprise attack.
- Riot: take part in a violent public disturbance.
- self-destruction/scorched earth: local wiki authority or community led sabotage of the wiki
- Site: shall include the entire wikifarm that Amazing Wikis operates.
- Spam: irrelevant, unwanted advertising, or inappropriate messages.
- Spoofing: hacker impersonates another device or user on a network in order to steal data, spread malware, or bypass access controls.
- Solicit: ask for or try to obtain (something) from someone.
- Socially Tone Deaf: a condition of being oblivious and/or clueless regarding the existence of social cues, nuances, normals.
- Subversive activities: All willful acts that are intended to be detrimental to the best interests of the wikifarm
- Sabotage: deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct
- Shadow ban/stealth ban/Ghosting: is the act of blocking a user or their content from an online community such that it will not be readily apparent to the user that they have been banned.
- Troll: a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post(s) with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
- Talking Points: a topic that invites discussion or argument.
- Taunt: a remark made in order to anger or provoke someone.
- Toxic Environment: fear, hate, retaliation
- Temper Tantrum: unpleasant and disruptive behaviors or emotional outbursts
- Threat: a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.
- URL hijacking/malicious redirection: redirection for the purpose of bypassing SEO to gain such benefits or to sent to a malicious URL.
- Malicious URL: a link that attempts to download or install malware, trojans, virus, bitcoin harvester.
- Unacceptable URL: links to shock sites, screaming sites, encouraging violence, self harm, gore, other highly inappropriate content (age restricted).
- Vandal: a person who willfully or ignorantly in a deliberate attempt to destroy.
- Victim Mentality: acquired personality trait in which a person tends to recognize themselves as a victim of the negative actions of others, and to behave as if this were the case in the face of contrary evidence of such circumstances
- Virtue Signaling: the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
- Vendetta: a prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.
- Voting Fraud: illegal interference with the process of a community vote, either by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate/proposal, depressing the vote share of the rival candidate(s)/proposal, or both. Interference may include: harassment, libel/slander, sockpuppet voting/ballot stuffing, suspicious voting (threats, bribes), unethical behavior (removing other's votes, editing other's votes, modifying any official staff statements), unacceptable outside influence (attracting non community members), blatant violation of global policies. Staff will disqualify for verified voter fraud.
- Wiki: a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users.
- Web Scraping: extracting data from websites.
- Website: shall include the entire network that Amazing Wikis operates
- Willful blindness: deliberately ignoring the facts
- Witness Tampering: act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witness.